Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake?

Apparently there was an earthquake in Richmond Virginia today. It was a shallow one, so the tremors were felt for miles and miles. I totally felt it. Strangest...most bizarre, weirdest, craziest feeling in the whole world.
Let me tell you what happened previous to the quake...
I got up and went to the gym. I'm trying to be cool, so I did a spin class. I probably pushed myself to hard, my legs were like jello...that someone was shaking. When I got home they were still sort of shaking. Eventually they must have felt better though, because I stopped noticing the tremors in my legs. :) Around 1:45 I decided to get on the computer to check out some spoilers for the bachelor pad. (after last nights episode...I can't watch it anymore.) When all of a sudden i feel these tremors again. My first thought was "That's weird, it's been 3 hours since my work out, my legs shouldn't hurt anymore." Then I looked at the lamp by the computer. It was totally rocking back and forth. So my second thought was "OH MY HECK! My house is collapsing!" (which in my defense, it is a very plausably thought. It was built in 1902, and it already is falling out...) So i kind of, may have possibly taken off, and ran outside. I expected any minute for the house I'm living in to come crashing to the ground. However after 3 minutes of standing outside and (much to my dismay) my house never came tumbling down, I timidly went back in.
Come to find out...there was an earthquake. I hope everyone at the epicenter is okay. I thought I moved away from earthquakes. Utah is the "next big earthquake place" not pittsburgh...or the east coast.
Still, on a small scale of it all. It was cool to feel what an earthquake would feel like. I feel like a boy scout now...totally prepared to know what is happening next time I feel one.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

that is hilarious...cause i was pretty sure my ceiling was coming down on me again. haha. these darn old houses!

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

I'm glad that it wasn't bad for you guys! I sure miss you!