Sunday, February 6, 2011

PPG Ice Skating

A girl I work with had a Birthday. Super fun! Love those when they arn't mine. ;). She has been wanting to go ice skating since the light up night in downtown Pittsburgh clear back in November. She finally decided that She was going on her birthday. Since I have a pretty amazing husband who would NEVER say no to ice skating said it'd be cool to go. Even though it was downtown and it wasn't a "real" ice rink, and it was expensive. :) He's amazing I know. Anyways...Turns out there's no time limit for the skating so you could go for hours...at that rate it actually not to expensive. Anywho. Tons of fun...and SUPER pretty. Totally romantic. haha. It was freezing though! Also the rink was in the middle of a wind tunnel type thing. So as you go one way the wind would give you an extra "push" then you would round the corner and the wind would stop you dead in your tracks. haha. It was fun. The skates left bruises on my legs, and on my feet, and I'm 99% sure that I wont be able to feel my nose for the next week, and that's if it doesn't fall off first. ;) It was a super fun night, and I'm so glad we decided to go. I just wish it wasn't so blasted cold here! But then again if it wasn't cold you wouldn't be able to have an outdoor skating rink. . .minor setback.
oh oh oh. . . .and at one point in the night it started snowing. :)


1 comment:

Laurel said...

Looks so fun! I am glad you could hang out with the girls from work. I really need to see Tyson skate. I can only imagine how good he is.