Sometimes my Dad gets on and reads my blog. Only sometimes. I think it's mostly when He's missing his "Little girl". Or when he's just played a soccer game and got in a fight(...because he doesn't have anyone to talk to about his fight with and someone who will get all worked up with him over it....I guess that's still missing me, at least my temper. ;) Nevertheless He misses me and gets on my blog. Then he will call me 99% of the time and tell me I'm a Cynical Old Hag. Just kidding. He doesn't really tell me that..straight up..but if you read/hear between the lines that's what he's saying. I suppose he just knows how to read in between my lines and can figure out that 99% of the time when I'm being sarcastic I'm actually really annoyed with something. He's a smart guy. I do joke about things, because it's easier to laugh over a matter than let it bug you to death and get angry over it. However He knows. Dang. Then my I get to hear about how I need to be grateful and loving, and learn to enjoy the things in my life...(this is where the cynical old hag comes into play...) He called me the other day and asked me if I was happy, because he was worried about me. (It did make me cry. A good cry. Like when you are at your wedding and you have the daddy daughter dance and he tells you that he's proud of you and loves you. It's one of those moments. When he tells you he loves you.) Sometimes I worry about myself too though. Needless to say I think he broke through my heart of stone this time. And to those of you who read my blog and think I'm just a cynical hag who hates life, I'm sorry you think that (even though I am...--that was a joke, I'm really not) On a serious note though. I'm sorry that 90 percent of my posts talk about something I dislike. I should try to do at least one post of something I like, to every post I do about something I dislike. I feel awful that all you read about is rotten things, I do love my life, and I do love the fact that Tyson and I get the amazing, and not so amazing at times, adventure. It's something that I can honestly say I never thought I'd end up doing, but now that I'm doing it, It's kinda fun ;) With that said I also have to let you know that this blog is for me, and evey year I'll print it into a book and then 10 years later I'll have 10 random books. I'm not about to lead on that my life is perfect, Or that I never have trials, or crappy days, or I'm never in a bad mood and hate everything that crosses my path. However I will try to be better. ;) if not for those people who read this, It'll be for me and my hope for salvation.
ANYWAYSSSSS............
After I get have this conversation with my dad I head home from work, to find this mysterious package on my doorstep. And let me tell you it wasn't some small package. It was quite large. It was kinda expensive to have it shipped to us too! (It was like Christmas, Easter, and the day we found out Tyson got into med school, type of excitment all wrapped into one! Yes it was that exciting!) So I took it inside and put it on our table and ripped the box apart to figure out what was in it. It was heaven in there. :)
Let me explain about last years Valentines day....(or click on the link and read about it yourself...) However to recap there was the talk by Elder Bednar... about becoming more dilligent and concerned in the home about letting people know we love them. Look up the talk (or click on my link I posted the majority of it on my post.) it was More Diligent and Concerned at Home, November 2009 Ensign. Anyways it made me think about doing Valentines boxes like you'd do in elementary and then througout the month you'd put treats or notes into everyones box and come valenties we'd open them up and get to devour the "love". It was a huge success and I LOVED it. Tad bit Corny, but totally loved it!! I wanted to do it again this year but alas time escaped from me and Tyson and I never got around to making our boxes. . .
Back to my mysterious package. In this package my sweet SWEET mother packed Treats, valentines decorations, a heart waffle maker and pancake batter and syrup, and low and behold a valenties mailbox. :) melt. my. heat. Inside this little mailbox was already a STACK and when I say STACK i mean STACK of valentines notes. Made me super excited to get my love note written to Tyson (because now I'd have somewhere to put it) Turns out my sister made the box. :) Don't worry, she still included Nilee in it, she even wrote her a letter. Love that Girl. Needless to say there is someone looking out for me and making sure I don't stay this Cynical Old Hag.
Happy Valentines Day to everyone.
Gosh I love this day.
Pink, Red and White hearts.
Reeses hearts.
Funny word candies.
Nothing can top this holiday.
10 years ago
1 comment:
This was such a sweet post and made me tear up. Your parents are so loving and supporting. I love the valentines package. The decorations are too cute! I like that your blog is true to who you are, I have to keep a journal to remember how life really is because blogs are deceiving about life. Glad you posted! Pittsburgh just gets better and better and one day you may even cry when you are moving away : ).
Post a Comment