Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pittsburgh Baseball


Let me first start out with this. I may have totally just ruined Whatever future social life my husband may have ever had. Oops. Turns out I need to learn that my place here is not sports. haha. ummm...Don't think I ever will!!! On with the night.

So Ty was asked to go to the Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball game Monday night. Tyson knowing and loving his wife takes it as "we" go to the game. (mistake numero uno...) So Tyson asks me to go. Me being the sports lover that I am doesn't think about how maybe just the guys are going (mistake numero dos). So we are getting ready. Turns out it's been a pretty rainy and slightly cold and I start to wonder if they'll still go, because some of them have kids and I wouldn't want to take my kids out in the rain. (Here is where I start to realize something BIG...) All of a sudden I ask Ty if this was meant to be a "guys" night out. Cripes. I mean who the HECK asks TYSON over ME to go to a game. Unless it was a HOCKEY game I'm going, and I'd still probably go to a hockey game just because hockey is Tyson's sport, and he's gone to all my sporting events with me. (really I just don't quite understand hockey). Alright. Let me start over. Both Tyson and I love sports. Plain and simple. We're cool like that. Thankfully it's not a one sided game. We do sporting things together. Anyways...So I ended up saying who cares, and I went to the game with the guys. (mistake numero tres) So yes. I may have SLIGHTLY ruined Ty's social life. I mean what guy is going to now ask Tyson to come hang out with them, all because of the fear that his wife will come too. Oops. To bad I don't care...to much. haha
So the game. Love. Love. Love. The Pirates suck. Sorry. But the Cardinals were good...or better than the Pirates. haha I've never actually been to a "real" baseball game. I don't know if Raptors, or Salt Lake Bee's count now.... But there is something about doing the American thing and going to a good sports game. There's something in the atmosphere that is just wicked cool, and totally contagious!! My new goal is to save up money for a Stealer's game, a Penguins game, and for my birthday (since I wont be home for it and since I've gone to Jazz games for the celebration of my big day ever since I was like 10....) I'm going to a Philadelphia 76ers game. (maybe if I'm lucky they'll be playing the Jazz) To bad we were to broke to get some game day nachos or some popcorn. (sorry the good ole baseball hot dog idea just doesn't sit well with my stomach...) So fun. Thanks a bunch....for such a fun night!!! and letting me tag along!!! I promise next time I wont...Or I will. I'll just make sure I sit like 3 rows down from you boys! :)
Oh yes. I have also now bought scalped tickets. Must say that is a first! haha. I also have offically moved in closer to a game. We started up top. (which was cool. There was a way neat view.) But then later we headed down closer...Like 3rd baseline. Sa..Wh..eET!

1 comment:

Kayleigh said...

SO jealous! I love love love baseball. And I totally would've gone with Clay,even if I knew it was a boy's night and he hadn't invited me. It's baseball!