Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Pittsburgh

Dear Pittsburgh,
Why are you so blasted humid?

Dear Drivers,
See the license plate that says "UTAH" have some freaking patience with me...I'm learning.

Dear Jobs,
Please just call me and let me know if i'm a failure, or if you want me to come interview. The slient treatment is KILLING me!!

Dear Humidity,
You suck.

Dear random things that are laying around my house,
there was a reason I brought you, and I figured you'd be easily placed, apparently not. Take a hike.

Dear Scary Basement,
Why are you so Frightening? I'm going to go down there and the furnace man is going to come and eat me. Actually maybe it's just the musty icky smell that the basement has, it messes with your head and makes you have strange illusions.

Dear Spider Webs in my basement,
You are playing a part in making the basement scary. I hate you, you hate me, how about you all leave?

Dear list of things I'm going to purchase once I have a job and can purchase you,
Stop growing or I'll never be able to save any money for a second vehicle.
The Hunger games.
Bike for Ty, Bike for Emily.
TV (like cable or something).
Better internet connection.
Dishwasher.

Dear Fast Food Places,
You're not good food, and I really don't like eating at your restruants (Wendy's, McDonalds, Subway, Arbys) So why now that I'm on a budget do I crave you like I've never Craved any type of food before!!

Dear Christmas Break,
I will be dining at these fabulous restruants that I dearly miss.
Costa Vida.
Iggies.
El Matador.
Zhangs.
Blimpie.
Wingers.
Christmas dinner? How about take out...?

Dear Weight Problem,
Yes we are still battling, me verse you, I get that. Except I don't have money to go buy new clothes when I grow out of the ones I have now...So maybe for the next little bit we might just need to take a break. Or you can play totally cheap...Thanks for the cheapshot.
Stupid.

Dear Mario Kart,
I hate you. Yet I'm so board I play you all the time!!! PLEASE let me win just ONCE! Show me some mercy!!!

Dear Sleep,
I just want to be able to get a good night sleep once! ugh.

Dear People of Pittsburgh that ride the bus,
Go to the bus stop. Do not try to wave down the bus to make the bus stop wherever you want, because then your attention is diverted from oncoming traffic, and no matter how hard I try to pay attention to you and I'm only going 10 miles per hour, I do not know what you are thinking, and it is possible that you will step off the curb and into my moving vehicle.
Wait that happened.
Lets not do that again.

Love,
me.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Sorry things are rough for ya. We sure miss you guys!

The Mrs said...

bahaha! This whole post is legit. Um we still need to trade T-shirts... just saying.

Nielsen's said...

Ok so now that you moved and I am seeing how bad moving sucks I am really depressed that I am following in you footsteps and will be moving within a year or two. If things get worse I may have to stop reading your blog:) haha good luck with med school! (I consider you being in med school too, you moved for it so you get credit to right haha.)

Akasha Balkman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akasha Balkman said...

Hey Emily! Thanks for the comment on my blog! (and leaving a link so I could find yours!) I laughed so hard when I read this post! The basement stuff is SO TRUE!! I still avoid mine as much as possible. Hope things will get easier once you get settled a little more! And good luck with the job searching! PS. Geoff and I are huge Mario Kart fans. We will have to have you guys over for a duel! :)