Tuesday, August 4, 2009

GRIPE....

Ty Is going off to med school...Just FYI incase anyone hasn't gotten that yet. Now I'm going with him since I'm married to him. I have decided that as much as it is going to ROYALLY SUCK moving out of state and leaving family back home I have thought of 3 reasons it will be good.
1. We will have to rely on each other and really learn to lean on each other.
2. It will be such a growing experience. (The only time I've been alone was when I went to Australia to play soccer...No parents. Trust me I learned a LOT about myself...)
and 3. Well I'd better come back with an accent.
Which leads me to my gripe problem. Ty has already spent -blank- amount on his first application. Now he get to send secondaries out to the schools that send them back. Great news. It's -blank- amount to send the application back to the school! FETCH! we aren't even in med school yet and we are already going to be in debt!! So here's where I come in...or so I like to think. I have studied and studied the location of the schools, and I've only come up with 3 I'm semi okay with going...SEMI. If only he'd have listened to me and applied to Hawaii I wouldn't be complaining. Now on with my list....
Northwesteren: (In Chicago)
First off Chicago gives that one a rating of like -500! Especailly since there's all those gang fights and guns going off there! AHH!!!
Rochester: (New York)
Who wuants to gah ta Ne' Yourk?? Pretty sure I don't want to come home with a new york accent. Also I'm not much of a busy city type gal. Nah...let's move on. However I have heard that it is in Upper New York and It is pretty there...still Neu' Yourk? No Thanks.
Vanderbilt: (Nashville Tennessee)
This is one of the 3 that I would be okay with going. Mostly because I have high hopes on running into Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, Hannah Montana...You know it is the state of "country" and maybe I'll get Ty of off his "rock" stuff. Also the accent sounds like it'd be pretty awesome to have!! Nevertheless there is a downside... The things they say. DaRlin' SuWeetie pIe Honey yes my friends...I am a grown woman and unless it's a sweet old little lady or man, I will not nor can I tolerate it. It drives me UP THE WALL!!!
Mayo Clinic: (Rochester, Minnesota)
uh....FREEZING!!!! So unless Tyson let's me go on a shopping spree for coats and stuff it's a no.
Duke: (Durham North Carolina)
This is the second one I will be okay with. I have heard that the people are super friendly here and that it is gorgeous!! However again...I don't think they really have an accent, unless it's a small one like Utah's...and probably boring. and I'm pretty sure it doesn't snow there. :( but it is by the Ocean. Hum...
University of Iowa:
Been to Iowa. Froze my butt off. Decided I didn't want to play soccer there. Saw Winter Camp. Vowed to never return. Also a Tornado is really something I never want to live through. the ones in Utah scarred me enough...and I wasn't even by them really.
University of Ohio:
once again...Tornados....
Case Westeren Reserve: (Ohio)
Same as above...
University of Oregon: (Portland)
This my friends is actually the 1st of the 3 that I'd be okay with. Oregon is beautiful!!! I would love to live there. Portland might cause me some stress since it's a big place...Yet Oregon is close to Utah!!! yay!!! But I may be able to handle that. The only problem is there wont be any cool accent...and no snow!
University of Virginia: (Charlottsville) Virginia just doesn't sound like a nice place. Sounds like to much hussle and bussel do this do that. I may be wrong....
University of Pennsylvania: (philadelphia) Okay really I don't have anything wrong with Pennsylvania...It's just far far away from Utah...
University of Pittsburg: (Pennsylviania) see above...^
Baylor: (Huston Texas)
Texas just sounds wWAayY to hot. And Houston sounds to crowded. and I really don't like the Houston Rockets. at all.
Well Folks. Really I'd go anywhere with Tyson. I love him to death and this really will be a great expereince for us. Nevertheless It's tough and I really like Utah. 4 seasons. Mountains. Lakes. Dessert. Utah has everything. I'm okay with it. No where else has everything. except maybe a McDonalds and Walmart. Anyways. We're praying hard to know wich ones to send secondaries too. and hoping to get an answer because these places are very expensive. I swear they should know we are Med Students and we really don't have any money. Good grief. Anyways...Maybe you guys who read my blog are an answer to our prayers. Please let us know if anyone has lived in any of the above places, or if you have visited, or know a friend. PlEaSe help change my mind on some of the places so I can move in peace. Even if you are a random person who just happend to run into my blog and happened to read this....IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE we're totally open to it!! haha.

2 comments:

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

OH Emily!! I think you are going to LOVE being away!! At first it will be hard, but it will be good in the end! I've lived in Virgina and Alaska. And I absolutely loved both of them!! You grow closer together as a couple and as an individual!! You're stronger than you think, you will do great!

Emilee said...

My votes would be for Portland Oregon,beautiful place!! or Tennessee the people there are sooo nice!! I would love to live there!!