Sunday, May 3, 2009

Family Shower

Thanks to my wonderful FAMILY who threw me a family bridal shower!! It was a lot of fun!! and i'm 2 for 2...with nothing embarrassing!! yay!! However I had braced myself for something a little crazy from at least two of my Aunts...haha but nothing came!! PHEW!!! I got so many AMAZING gifts!! I am so lucky to have so many people who care so much about me! I'm so grateful for my family! I would be lost without them, They have supported me in everything I do and we are such a close family that everyone knows we can rely on each other!! I'm so thankful for everyone! My Grandma Rackham was so wonderful to let them have the shower at her house, and to make all that cake, and whipped frosting....it was wonderful!! My AUNT SHARON was super sweet to throw me the shower, doing all the games, and being such a sweet entertainer...OH and for the wonderful gum... ;)!! My Aunt Karen and Aunt Kathy, for helping serve the food. everything! It was so wonderful!! Thank you for everything!!
P.S. a side note....When everyone had given me their gifts they were told to give me some marriage advice. I have 3 things I was told that i picked as the runner ups advice...then 1 is the winner...
My Aunt Ann said: You are as happy as you choose to be. You will find what you look for. (very deep, but soooo true)
My Aunt Becky Said: Always make Tyson a priority! When your babies arrive, (which they will come) ~and i hope like 4 years later~ your heart will automatically love them. Continue to love new things about Tyson even when life gets crazy and annoyances occur--remember why you fell in love to begin with. (which isn't just true for having kids, for me it's keeping my friends balanced and my activities balanced. Sure Tyson is in school a whole lot but i need to make sure that I remember him and keep him in my mind.)
My Aunt Maluna: Spend a little more than he makes...It will keep him busy!! :) (this one is just to marvelous! i can most definatly do this one!! haha I'm good at spending!)
and the WINNER was my little cousin MANDY (who is 7 thank you, and came up with this on her own!!!) (and anyone that knows Tyson, knows that this advice was the BEST!!)
: If the boy is mad at you or is yelling at you, tell him to eat some food, or you feed him. Because if my dad is ever yelling at me I say "dad eat some Macroni and Cheese" and then he eats and then doesn't yell at me anymore. So always make sure he is full. :)
Such a SWEETIE!!! and SOOO true!! who knew a little 7 year old could pick up on something like that!
Thank you everyone for everything! You guys are wonderful!!!!
another PS I need to thank Ty for showing up after the all my showers...He's so sweet to come and look at the gifts and then start taking them to his car so we can take them home! What a sweetie! I do joke with him tellin him it's my job to bring the gifts in...you take them out. haha. No. He's so sweet though! I'm so lucky to be marrying him! Thank you Ty!!! For everything!! (oh and in the cute picture he is chewing like 6 pieces of bubble gum...)

1 comment:

Katie said...

glad the shower was fun. Wish I could've been there. Getting married is great. You'll love it. All of this preparing and then before you know it..... it's all over with and real life begins as a married couple. Yeah! By the way, where are you guys going to be living after you get married?