Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let's all Clap our Hands for the H1N1 influenza A Flu....

Thanks to the Swine Flu I am now taking my Honeymoon in Park City...:( That wasn't exactly my plan of fun. I wanted to go somewhere neither of us has been....AND somewhere fun, because Ty is going to be in med school for like the rest of our life and we wont be able to go ANYWHERE! I'm really not bitter though. I know it'll be just as fun. I'm excited to just be with Ty. But really I did want to go lay on the beach. Good Bye to that. haha. I think I'm going to make Ty PROMISE me that we will go somewhere fun for our year anniversary. (Oh and as i'm typing this i decided to look up on KSL to see how to spell the "Swine" flu to make sure it's spelled right....and let me tell you the head story....Park City schools closed due to possible swine flu...HAHA I should not have looked that up! My life is over!!! AAHHHhhhh so in this case why not still go to Mexico? -the whole purpose of this post has now changed haha- I will either get it in Park City or Mexico...so why not get it and go out with a bang?? Mexico it is!!! haha. Just kidding.) At least If i go to Park City and I'm infected I can go home and be near doctors that i trust and recieve the help i need. Now however I have to look into trying to get our money back from the Plane company. thanks to me we bought our tickets 2 weeks ago. Ty kept putting it off and putting it off...telling me we don't have money, then there was the kiddnapping scare, and the drug thing. Ty said he was scared to go and we probably shouldn't. My dad came home one day and told me that He's worried about us going there. did i listen?? No. and Thanks to me I finally pushed him into doing it, buying the tickets (thanks tax refunds...) and my parents helped with it in letting us use their sky miles. So we called the sky miles place to use them and we had the HARDEST time ever to try to get the tickets. They either wouldn't help us, or they were impossible to understand!! Yet again i was very persistant about getting them, because that's where i wanted to go. Well good news...we finally got them, and now there is this. Super. Let alone the comment Ty kept making to me, when the sky miles people didn't help us, "Em maybe it's a sign that we shouldn't go...." and my comment was "no you just don't want to spend money...you don't understand..." Yeah well maybe it was me that didn't understand. I think I'm going to need a lot and a lot of help to learn to trust Ty and his feelings. Maybe his next comment should have been, "lets pray about it" but honestly...who would have thought this would happen? stupid feelings. I was way to preoccupied. I need to learn to humble myself and not be so ... I dont' know ... Just learn to trust the priesthood. That or i really need to focus more on my prayers and i need to really start praying about everything. man alive. talk about learning a lesson the hard way. boo Swine Flu. Boo learning experiences.
P.S. I don't even think that it's as bad as the media is even letting on...I mean there was Anthrax...The Bird Flu...Killer Bees...West Nile Virus...Honestly? But then you have to re-think again...where's the world coming to? Mabye it really is going to be the virus that leads to the end of the world....and everyone thinks it wont be bad because there was so many other ones...then this wipes everyone out because they aren't "prepared". Crap. I don't even wanna get married now. I'm not going to have money to buy food for regular dinners...let alone food storage. And i really did just scare myself into thinking that i thought the Swine Flu was nothing, but it really may be....It's a test. I suck at tests. Ty's good at them. Does that mean he'll survive and I'll die?

3 comments:

The Ballard's said...

wHAT A HooT!!

Katie said...

Park City will be nice too! Yeah make Ty commit to doing something fun and adventurous for your 1st anniversary. Clay and I celerated ours by driving all of our stuff up to ND. Pretty lame if I say so myself. Hope that shower went well.

Phelps Family said...

You funny girl!! It was fun seeing you this week! And now I'm home and Cache and I are feeling sick!! So if ya here of a probable case of swine flu in our area......it's us. Really though, I just ate cookies like a PIG and I'm feeling a little FLU...ish. So, yah I think I might.....