Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter

Yes, this was Tyson's easter basket as well as Payson's. It's pretty much decided that our little man will be named Payson Ty Christensen. More commonly known as Pace. (yeah spelling is different between his not real name and real name. But could you imagine trying to teach him to spell Pacen as Payson? Maybe it's possible...I still gotta look up the english rules on it.) I really REALLY liked the idea of calling experiment Pace. BBUUTT it wasn't a real name, and I wanted him to have a real first name. So here we have Payson Ty. I think I'm pretty much in love with it.
(There's also still the possibility of Tayteum. But again spelling.... I suppose if the baby pops out and there's no looking like a Pace, then he'll be a tayt. But probably still a Pace.)
Back to the Easter Baskets. We didn't need anything. (except like the previous post said...I did get me some dresses...I needed those, it was a legit purchase...) Since we didn't need anything and all Ty really likes is the pure chocolate bunnies (and this year some new milk chocolate individually wrapped eggs...took me FOREVER to find what he was looking for. Why he couldn't just get hershery kisses..dunno. Had to be wrapped as eggs. Never seen those before.) I thought it'd be funny to get "baby" things that are also "adult" things.
For example Diapers=underware. (Note to self: next time you buy diapers, get the right size...)
the nose picker thing=a finger...or a tissue. :)
Baby toy keys=car keys.
Wipes=toilet paper
baby shampoo...soap...bath tub...you get the idea.
I thought I was funny...Ty did too.
After church we got together with Doug and Aneesa. We had a splendid dinner! The boys liked their ham...and Aneesa and I had chicken! Finally someone else who dislikes ham!!
and we colored our eggs.
My mom sent me a new Easter Egg Dying tool.
Love that I get cool Toys to use while Dying eggs.
(Egg coloring get's pretty intense with my mom...I would ALMOST guess it's her favorite holiday, because of all the random cool things she finds. And now that I don't get to use her tools, she always sends me my own that she finds. I pretty much love it. We should dye eggs more often. Maybe I'll do it for the 4th of July this year.)
and of course...Ty trying to get a group shot. Yes that's his head.
:)
Doug made Icky (Their cat) into an egg and sat the egg with Nilee to keep her company. She actually took pretty good care of it.
And I dyed our family.
We have
Top left: Pace then Ty.
Bottom left: Me then Nilee.
and the purple and pink and blue and purple eggs in the background there, are made from the egg spinner tool my mom got for us this year.
Note: we will have a special edition of Ty's egg creations to come.
Happy Easter all.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ok now that I'm all caught up.... I'm glad that you are so good at keeping your blog up to date cuz I am horrible. YOu will find that you have less and less time to yourself once the kids start coming. That is my excuse anyway. ha ha As far as the boy clothes go... I felt the same way with Coster but you can find the most darling little boy stuff if you start looking in the right places. I LOVE Children's Place. wait for the sales though. That is my favorite store for boys clothes. Also Carters, and sometimes Khols even has cute stuff. Just wait till they can start wearing the cute little nike shoes and stuff like that. You will love every second of it. Glad to see you are doing well and you look great by the way!!

The Ballard's said...

EMILY, I THOUGHT YOU HAD NOT BEEN POSTING WHEN IN REALITY, I JUST FORGOT YOU WENT PRIVATE. I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOU LOOK DARLING. I AM EXCITED FOR YOU AND TYSON. YOU WILL BE DARLING PARENTS. I LOVE THE SMELL OF SUNSCREEN. I USED IT LIKE GEL IN JAKE'S HAIR FOREVER, MAYBE YOU CAN DO THAT WITH YOUR BOY TOO:)