A dear beautiful girl from my old ward, my brothers friend, one of my mom's Young Women, a daughter, a friend and probably many more things, ended her own life Thursday night.
My brother got a text from a mutual friend on Friday, who had told him the news. My mom then proceeded to get a message, and then my sister.
Such a sad thing.
The more I think about it, the harder it is to comprehend it.
I can only imagine the emotions she was dealing with.
Life is so fragile. It is so precious.
I cannot begin to even think about how I would feel as a mother finding that. I don't have a child yet, but eventually I will. I already love my unborn child. I don't think I could even begin to face losing them. It would break my heart.
Not only as a mother, but as a friend. Even an acquaintance, if I was someone who happened to sit by them 2nd period. To have known someone, and then have them disappear...I cannot even fathom the thought.
I never ran into anything like this in high school. I'm not sure how it would have affected me.
Today the Jr. highs in the area, and the High School are having a day of respect for her. It broke my heart, yet made my heart swell with pride, when my siblings told me and then proceeded to say that they were sad they wouldn't make it to school to show their support. (broke my heart because I could see how much they wanted to do this for this young women, yet they were unable to because they'd be on the plane heading home)
I'm so grateful for the gospel. I am so unbelievably grateful for the atonment. I know that the Lord understands me...even if no one else does. I'm so glad that I will have Jesus Christ, my Savior, standing next to me, pleading my case, supporting me, and at times understanding how I felt at times even better than I understood myself.
I hope everyone can take a little time to let your friends, family, and those around you, know how much you mean to them.
Life is so precious.
Pray for those hearts to mend.
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment