Sunday, March 27, 2011

Poor Husband

So I'm not the super good housewife I should be . . . especially when Ty wears a lot of nice shirts, that need to be ironed. Yes, 100% of the time, I do laundy then I just hang up his wrinkly shirts for him to wear...hoping that these wrinkles will just ...fall... out. (secretly I've never ever picked up an iron...or pulled out an ironing board. In fact I've yet to use the iron and board that we got for our wedding, I don't think I even know how to lay it down... I only kept them because people say they are needed and It'd probably be a good idea to keep them.) Since these wrinkles usually don't fall out on their own, he goes to school looking like he slept in his shirts. Those times don't really bother me, because I don't have to look at him and see how pitiful my husband looks, and he's surrounded by other med students who probably look the same, because none of his school friends are married, so why would they iron their shirts? (at least that's how I justify it) When we go to church though...then I feel slightly bad for him. Not because I have to look at him, or because I know that it's my fault that he looks homeless. It's because I wonder what the other guys say about him. I'm going to be the cause for my husband getting bullied. All the men probably look at him and point and laugh. They are all taken care of and their shirts are ironed and nice. Today I caught a glimps of how bad this bulling must be, am I concerned though? no...not really, he's a big boy he can learn to face his enemies on his own. He's facing them alright...I caught him ironing his own shirts.


I should probably take that homemaking class that was taught in high school...you know the calss that teaches you how to be a good wife...

No comments: