Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pittsburgh Style=Chicago Style

Since moving here to Pittsburgh, I've noticed a few things but I've been unable to explain this strange concept. I think about it often, because I find it so funny! Random...
I suppose it's so strange because I would always take these things to the DI...
I got an email from Tyler the other day. He explained it for me.
He writes:
"P.S. Funny story. Elder Hunt and I went to stop by a members house, and on the side of the road was this couch...a NICE couch. (People abandon and put stuff they don't want on the side of the road here all the time for people to take!!) So since we have a mini van (sweet that we drive around in one as our mission car, yeah I know AWESOME!!) So I guess you have guessed by now we took the couch. How sweet?! It is in our appartment now! I am so excited with it too! Elder Hunt called it my first Chicago experience. He says he has done it about 4 or 5 times now over the course of his mission. It's so cool and kind of funny!!"
In conclusion, Pittsburgh is kind of like that. . . I have seen 3 different couches sitting out, two mattresses, a crib, and a childs bed. Love it. Except I think Pittsburgh sets it out for the garbage to pick up. Either way. I suppose if it's gone, it's gone. What is one mans junk, is another mans treasure. . .
Maybe one day I'll go dumpster diving!

No comments: