Saturday, March 5, 2011

Camping Telegram

To whom it may concern,
...stop...
Please do your next
...stop...
research project on
...stop...
Camping, Outdoors, Fresh,
...stop...
and Campfire smells.
...stop...
Find a way to
...stop...
bottle them up,
...stop...
and store them forever.
...stop...
Please get the smells
...stop...
to me.
...stop...


I will even fund this project.

...stop...
p.s.
...stop...
Also get the taste
...stop...
of camping food
...stop...

I have been Day dreaming, and Night dreaming for the past WEEK about camping.
Everything about camping.
Even the annoying dirt that gets in your hair, sleeping bag, ears, even your clean cloths.
oh and the bugs, I'll even take those.
I want to go camping so bad. I think it is number 2 on my not-so- practical-to-do-list right now.
I want dutch oven cooked food. As well as Smores cooked over the campfire.
No food is EVER better than dutch oven cooked food, or food scortched by campfire.
I want to sit around the campfire and listen to it crackle and pop.
I also want to gaze up at the skies, look at the stars, and make wishes on shooting stars.
I want to be able to wake up at the crack of dawn to fresh mountain dew, crisp clean air, and noises of the woods.
Maybe even get attacked by a moose. :)
I want to go with out make up and my only shower being a swim in a lake or creek.
I really just want to go camping.
Soon.
Soon I'll be able to.
Right now nothing could ever top the experience of camping.
Feel free to join me in my dreams.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

That is a dream I do not share with you : ). Brady and his family love camping and I can handle it for a few days, but boy is it hard without a trailer. Good for you. The one desire we both share is good weather, you to camp and me to just get outside! Missed ya today, hope you are feeling better!

Randy and Malissa Johnson said...

That sounds fantastic! Can I come too?!

Gary & Stacy said...

Hey!! I heard you guys are coming to Moab in May!! I am SO excited! This past week I have been asking Gary a million questions about the details! Yeah for Moab!