Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One Million Dollars...

The question that is passed around the most when you are a child is probably
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
and
"What would you do with a million dollars?" (At least in my opinion they are)
Usually the kid wants to be some professional athlete. (okay maybe that was just me)
and they wanted to be that because they could do their favorite thing as their job, and make money doing their favorite thing. (maybe that was just me again though.)
When I was younger and I was asked what I would do if I had a million dollars, It was probably something along the lines of getting a HUGE house with a swimming pool in it. Or buy a bunch of really nice cars. Or maybe if I was feeling nice that day I'd give half of it away to charity.
Anyway you look at it though it was probably spent on somthing that would make me "cool" according to a childs eyes.
Even a year ago I'd probably only give 1/3 of it away to charity, buy a bunch of fancy shoes and clothes, hire a personal trainer so I'd look good in all my fancy clothes, then use the rest for Ty's student loans.
Right now as of February 1st my perspective on life has changed.
If I had a million dollars right now I'd probably use the money to keep my house heated at 75 degrees....
ALL. WINTER. LONG.
:)
Here's to hoping the groundhog will NOT see his shadow tomorrow
and spring will be here soon.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

LOVE the picture at the top of your blog. I am way too far behind on blogs and just saw you have 8 updates I haven't looked at, way to go on keeping your blog current! Love Nilee poking out under the blanket in your picture. Why are these old homes so darn drafty?!? We have splurged this year and kept our heat at 65 instead of 63 like last year and it really have made a difference. Hopefully warmth is around the corner and then I can complain about the humidity ; ). I love your update of Nilee, especially of her laying on Ty and watching t.v, smart cat. I am a picky eater when it comes to meat. I was a vegetarian for a while because of it, but now I just prefer to prepare so I know what it is, no fat, no dark meat, etc... Good for you, just the word polish makes me nervous. I think we have the same dishwasher and yes it is heaven, love the extra counter space too. Glad you guys could go to Ohiopyle looks fun and yay for spur of the moment with little problems. Gross about an older man telling dirty jokes, any man for that matter. Love all your updates!