Sunday, October 24, 2010

Locked Out.

I'm on the mid-week activity committee. I'm thinking that every 4th Sunday is when they have their meetings to plan the activities. Last month I forgot about it. This month I was determined to make it to the meeting. However we were stuck on how Ty would get home or how I would get home. Come Sunday we figured one of us would just ask for a ride home. Tyson decided that he would get a ride home, therefore leaving me his keys to the car, and the car so I could get home. Our meeting started at 4:15. Ty left to head home around that time. I had asked him to possibly take out the hamburger meat so it could thaw for dinner tonight. He also had a list he needed to do right as he got home. 1. Eat a snack. 2. Send an email. 3. Study 10 pages. 4. Do a presentation on the computer. Honestly we didn't think he'd get all of them finished by the time I got home. But it was a good list for him. Back to my meeting. :) it was great fun! Plus there was yummy treats. We finished at 5:30. I left the church, kinda without a care in the world. Drove home in silence. (I kinda miss Soft Sunday Sounds...FM 100.3...) I even drove the speed limit. I got home parked. Locked the car. Remembered that I left my hair thing in the car. Opened the car back up. Looked in the car and was thinking that I needed to grab my purse, but then remembered I didn't bring my purse. So I locked the car and headed up our stairs. Then I thought to myself. Tyson better open up the door to our house so I can get in because I didn't have my keys to get in with. (Our house door doesn't exactly unlock...so 100% of the time it remains locked. haha) However then It occured to me that I had Ty's keys and I could use his to get in!! Then a freaking freight train smashed into my brain. IF Tyson had given me HIS keys so I could drive the car home, and Ty's keys to the house were on that key chain, and I was going to use those keys to get into the house...HOW THEN did Ty get into the house. So I timidly walked up the remaining 3 steps and peeked around the pillar to see onto our porch where our chairs sit...and yes, My dear DARLING husband was sitting in one of those chairs. Oops. He patiently sat waiting for me, for 1 and a half hours. THANKFULLY it was a GORGEOUS day outside today, and was warm. I felt so bad for him!!! Yet I couldn't stop laughing either!! Poor kid!! haha. When I went to give him a hug, he half returned that hug and then exclaimed that he was starving!! Oops! Good thing he's tough though!! He even said he read the scriptures...He said that if something needs to be done then the Lord will make sure it gets done. So while he sat outside waiting for me with only his scriptures...He figured he'd read them. What a cutie!! Love him. Love him a lot. :)
P.S. Akasha...Thanks SOOooo much for giving my husband a ride home! He really did appreciate it!! However when you read this please do not feel bad at all! There is no way you could have known he couldn't get in. He didn't even know until he got up to the door. :)

1 comment:

Akasha Balkman said...

Oh! Emily,I am so sorry about the keys! This story kind of made me laugh though, only because it totally reminds me of something I would do! Poor Tyson, what an awful thing to have to wait outside when he had stuff going on! Anytime you need rides, we are more than happy to help! Also, we need to get together for Mario-Kart night pretty soon!