
My mom and Grandma were able to come out and visit us this last weekend! I was so excited! They couldn't say super long...but I was just glad that they were able to fit me into their busy schedule!! Their flight landed at 9 am on Wednesday morning. So I took Ty to school, and then had an anurseum driving by myself to the airport, however I did make it there safe and alive (you're glad to hear that I know...) We got to our house and showed them it they changed their clothes and we hit the streets. Talk about me wanting to STILL die. (however one good thing about them being here is I've gotten out of my comfort zone a little and I'm driving around...not as white knuckled as before...) We played and played and played. All the while they FROZE! Guess going from Utah's 90 degrees to Pittsburghs 60 is quite the change. haha


Because I am so amazed by Pittsburghs parks I had to show them one...and Tyson thought it would be fun to go to the park with the disc golf course set up and play some. Don't tell anyone but my mom is worse than me when it comes to throwing a frisbee!! haha Grandma HAD to see the Heinz Stadium (I think it was so she could have bragging rights to her boys...and I think she also slightly hoped that it would help her out in fantasy football. haha so we walked by it. :) I got to tour Pittsburgh for the first time since I've been here! That was all because of my mom and grandma though...They forced me out the door without Ty there to be our driver. Oh and the Parallel parking picture...proof that I can do it.

Yes I am becoming that amazing!! MUWAHAaHAaaHAaHAHAH!!!

haha Saturday the 2nd was also my wonderful mom's birthday!! We had Cheescake for her birthday cake.

(we were going to make a special straw

berry cake but apparently Pittsburgh walmarts and other grocery stores don't carry Danish Dessert Dunket gelitin lame.) We didn't have any candles so we improvised. ;) They headed out Sunday morning. It was amazing how tired I was with them being here. Holy crap I'm a lazy bumm and I don't do anything!! I was SSOOOoooo tired the whole time, I needed some afternoon naps, but never got them because we were always on the go!! So Sunday morning after we took them to the airport Tyson and I headed back home and crawled into bed and slept the day away!! I was so glad that they were able to make it out. I love them a ton and it was so much fun!! The hard part is going back to real life. ugh.
1 comment:
Cute photos, Emily! How fun that your family could come out for a visit! I've been a little over-confident with my driving in Pittsburgh lately. I keep turning the GPS off thinking I know where I am, and I end up totally missing an exit or something! Definitely tough driving here!
Post a Comment