Lately all I think about is food.
And eating that food.
Eating that food at certain restruants.
And taking home the leftover food.
Then eating the leftover food.
Food. Food. Food.
Maybe it's because I'm not used to cooking this much.
I can only do so much when it comes to healthy food.
I'm sick of the same old food.
But OH If I could bake pies everynight I'm sure I wouldn't be dreading making dinner, and I know Tyson wouldn't complain...It might even put some weight on that kid, except for the fact that it WILL put some weight on me stops me from doing it.
Back to cooking food...
Remember THIS post?
Yes we still aren't getting along.
Except now I've learned that Tyson will eat whatever comes out of it anyways.
So I've stopped caring.
Nevertheless, since I keep daydreaming about food, I've decided to have a
"UTAH night out."
Yes I will still have to cook all these meals, unless I can get some of the restaurants to deliver them warm to my Pittsburgh home.
Don't think that'll happen.
Maybe my mom can pack some with her when she comes and visits...
Therefore I have found and been given some as well as made up some recipes for some of the "emily most famous" Utah restaurants.
You didn't know Utah had that list. They do. It's in the "things to do while visiting Utah" book, written by Emily. (that's me.)
For example.
Monday: Costa Vida- Sweet Pork Salad and Tomatillo Ranch Dressing.
Tuesday: Training Table- Hot Turkey and Bacon Sandwich. (it's meal #25 in case anyone wants to eat the real deal for me.)
Wednesday: Wingers- Sticky Finger Salad. Oh and Popcorn :)
Thursday: Iggies- All American Burger. I'm even going to go to the extent of deep frying the Onions to put on the sandwich, as well as making their dipping sauce, and their fries. Grease and salty. Heavenly.
Friday: Zhangs- Egg Drop Soup. The only problem with this day is I don't have the darn recipe for this soup, and I don't even know where to start making it up. So for those people back in Utah I'll give you 20 bucks if you can get it for me.
So I've thought about this...Do you think this is how those AMAZING cooks make it big, and become AMAZING cooks? It all started because they hated cooking so bad they fantasied about the foods they liked and then they got really good at making those foods and making their own recipe that one day they woke up and realized they were an amazing cook? If so I'm going to be an excellent cook one day, you'll be seeing me on Rachel Ray one day (or some cool Cook Show).
Oh yes. and since it is going to be Utah nights, I will have to bake some pies.
Right now all I can think about is Grandpa's peaches and Grandma's Peach Pie. Think I'll make that one night.
As well as something tart...Lemon Maringe Pie, and since Ty doesn't like lemon stuff I'll make a Banana Cream pie for him one night since I dont' like Banana stuff.
Then we'll make a Carmel Apple Pie.
And since it's almost Halloween time we'll celebrate with a Pumpkin Pie.
(Sure hope you don't gain weight from thinking about food. Cripes it's only 10:00 I'm in trouble.)
Sugarland Said in best in the song "Baby Girl"
Of course I changed some of the lyrics...
Dear Mom and Dad...
Please send money so I can ingudulge my face with all this food.
Thanks.
Love,
Your Daughter.
Apparently Sugarland did say it best.
3 comments:
I dream about Utah food as well. I found a descent winger sauce recipe and same with cafe rio, but oh to actually have the real stuff! Can't wait to hear how they all taste.
I hear you. I think about food all the time too. But I'm too lazy to actually make it.
And hey, if you make Costa Vida again, call me. I'll help you eat it. And then I'll have you over for a crock pot meal. Non-burnt :)
I totally know how you feel! I have been craving Zupas' Berry Salad for a while now! We did find a pretty cool restaurant here though! It's called Rialto's its in Greenfield, and they have pizza with french fries, steak, and ranch dressing on it. It sounds horrible i know, but it was pretty dang good! You guys should check it out!
Post a Comment