Does Anyone remember this Disney show that came out in 1995? This show being
"The Big Green"...

Welp...I do.
Had a soccer game last night and our ref looked just like the Keeper...AKA Larry.
Now Imagine the beginning of a soccer game. Close your eyes...and think about what takes place. The ref places the ball for the kick off....takes a few steps back, then raises his hand to signal to the keeper to see if he/she is ready. Got that picture in your head? okay. Perfect.
On with my story...
So Last nights game (with this ref who looked just like Larry) I was playing keeper. Love that spot :) Anyways this "Larry Ref" would always give the ball to the team kicking, then signal to the keeper, then blow his whistle....at the beginning of the game, after someone scored, half time, after someone scored (the score was 4 to 6 so he did it a lot) Anyways the first couple times it was routine. But then I got bored and my mind started wandering and I figured out this ref looked just like the Kid from "The Big Green..." SSOOOoooo the next time he raised his had in the "signal" motion I had this uncontroable earge to "wave" back and say "Hi my names Emily!" oops...Just like in the movie when Larry does it in the very first game he plays. Next if you remember the show during the second game instead of talking back to the ref he instead raises his right arm does a peace sign, hits his left shoulder, hits his right knee, swithes hands, hits his right shoulder, hits his left knee, pound on his chest and blows it away (kinda like a gansta...) oops. I failed again. haha. Made for a fun night playing goalie though!! :)
"The Big Green"...

Welp...I do.
Had a soccer game last night and our ref looked just like the Keeper...AKA Larry.
Now Imagine the beginning of a soccer game. Close your eyes...and think about what takes place. The ref places the ball for the kick off....takes a few steps back, then raises his hand to signal to the keeper to see if he/she is ready. Got that picture in your head? okay. Perfect.
On with my story...
So Last nights game (with this ref who looked just like Larry) I was playing keeper. Love that spot :) Anyways this "Larry Ref" would always give the ball to the team kicking, then signal to the keeper, then blow his whistle....at the beginning of the game, after someone scored, half time, after someone scored (the score was 4 to 6 so he did it a lot) Anyways the first couple times it was routine. But then I got bored and my mind started wandering and I figured out this ref looked just like the Kid from "The Big Green..." SSOOOoooo the next time he raised his had in the "signal" motion I had this uncontroable earge to "wave" back and say "Hi my names Emily!" oops...Just like in the movie when Larry does it in the very first game he plays. Next if you remember the show during the second game instead of talking back to the ref he instead raises his right arm does a peace sign, hits his left shoulder, hits his right knee, swithes hands, hits his right shoulder, hits his left knee, pound on his chest and blows it away (kinda like a gansta...) oops. I failed again. haha. Made for a fun night playing goalie though!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment