After much hassle I finally convinced
everyone to go camping. We went camping over the 24 of July. It was so nice!! I enjoyed getting out with my family! Thanks everyone!!! 

Oh and This has lots of "Emily Talk" and lots of pictures...But guess what? This is my journal blog and I'll post as many pictures as i want and talk as much as I want! ha ha.We went up to the Grand Tetons/Jackson hole Wyoming. It was a lot of fun! I've never been there and even though our plan was to camp near the palisades reservoir....This area was just as amazing!! We got up there kinda late Thursday and since it was dark Tyson and I didn't really want to set up our tent in the dark. SOoo Tyson has this grand idea...He figures that we always go to the drive inn and sit in the back of his jeep...therefore we will just sleep in the back of his jeep!!! At the time it seemed brilliant I must admit.
I also thought it would be rather fun. :) WRONG! ha ha. A. we are like 2 feet longer when we lay down and our legs don't fit. So all night long we are trying
to figure out where we can stick our legs. Ty resorted with sticking them on top of the seat in front of him and I stuffed them under the seat. Then I was laying nex
t to Ty's "marvelous" air compressor thing that's used for "jeepin", and Tyson was stuck next to his Wheel base thing. We were basically SQUISHED together like peas in a pod! ha ha. And anyone that knows me KNOWS I need my space when sleeping...so having my legs bunched up and having my body squeezed in this tight space..let's talk about UNCOMFORTABLE! So folks...That is mine and Ty's FIRST camping experience! ha ha. great memories! Friday we finally got our tent up....and then it rained all day!! Now...many people think that rain stinks when you are camping, I kinda like it :) there's that FULL camping smell from all the trees and fresh air, and then you are forced to be in the trailer or tent or under the canopy and you all just play games! I love that!! Saturday it cleared up *thankfully* and we went rafting!!! We thought about getting a guide...but then decided we didn't want one and My dad, Uncle Rob, Rob's brother-in-law Cameron, Tyler, my Uncle Justin, Spencer and ME!! We ventured out into the water! It was a blast!! I must admit that I was quite worried and very PETRIFIED
that i would fall out. HOWEVER I was the only one who didn't fall out!! ha ha! **Side note- as we were going down i kept saying i was going to fall out and die. So I said that when i die on this river trip that I would forever haunt the river and my rapid would be called "curse of Emily". Well Tyson being the sweet SWEET darling husband he is responds with "Oh I thought that's what i was living with. Excuse me?? ha ha. Good thing he didn't die. ha ha. It was kinda comical and I did set myself up for it. Anyways Tyson was sitting in the midst of all my family...and well Tyler ended up pushing him in the river for me! yay go Tyler!! ha ha. fun times.** So the whole way down the river -in the calm parts- We dinked aroun
d and Cameron threw Uncle Justin in...Cameron Threw Uncle Rob in, Uncle Rob threw Spencer in, Tyson Threw Tyler in, Uncle Rob threw My dad in, needless to say...I was never thrown in!!
YAY me!! When we were almost finished with the ride though everyone decided i needed to go in. Oops. Now everyone was against me.
whelp folks. The first attempt i had Tyler, Spencer, and Tyson all trying to push me in and basically i wiggled down out of their arms and sunk into the raft and wrapped my arms around the inner tube thing. Following that Spencer ended up going in again instead of me. Then the attempt number two Tyson was dead set with a vengeance to get me in the water. So he leaped in attack and went to tackle me into the water. Okay really has anyone gotten the idea that i REALLY didn't want to go in the water? Well I wrapped my legs around the center thing in the raft yet again and Ty pushed me in...maybe...NOT!! I ended up leaning back and in I threw HIM and back up I came! Big thanks to my amazing Leg muscles and Stomach muscles!!! Ah AH! Anyways he ended up doing a cheap shot and grabbed me from behind so really I did go in but it was cheating and I did put up a pretty dang good job If i do say so myself! Needless to say...Tyson was a very VERY biTTer man after that.
(I'm back posting this so really I'm typing this August 17...and to this day he is still BITTER about it. and probably will be forever!!! ha ha!!!) No he would not give me a hug. Nor a Kiss. Oh and he also clames that when he pulled me in I elbowed him in the face. Well I don't think I
did. But if i Had...It's his fault for pulling me in!! Anyways it was so much fun!! After the "BIG KIDS" went down we met up with my Aunt Kris (Rob's wife) and Her two boys Hayden and Wyatt, and My MOM (anyone who knows my mom KNOWS this was an AMAZING thing to do!!) and Nicole and back down the river we headed for a second time!!! It was so much fun!! and on one of the big rapids it threw my dad out (he was on the back) and It threw me into the middle of the raft (I was in the back with him!) It was nuts! Oh so fun though!!! I couldn't have asked for a better day!! And big thanks to my Grandpa who was the designated driver and would drop us off at the top and then go to the bottom and wait 2 hours for us to get there and then do it again!! Sunday my parents Left but Tyson and I stayed with my Grandpa and Grandma, and Uncle Rob and Aunt Kris. We went for a wonderful hike up to Phelps Lake. Rob wanted to do a hike with
everyone and as we were right by the Tetons we had to do at least one, and Phelps Lake would be pretty cool considering their last name is PHELPS. So we packed snacks and off we went. It was a pretty easy 2 mile hike and it was very pretty. Well when we got to the top overlook of the lake we thought we had seen a sign at the beginning that said 1.8 miles to overlook .2 to lake. So we ate lunch and took off to the bottom of the lake so all the kids could step into the Phelps Lake! Come to find out 5 hours later. It was 2 miles to the over look and 4 or more miles to the actual lake. ha ha. wow. But it was sooo much fun!!! I couldn't believe how good all the Kids did! Cameron and Jenny had their kids and then there was Rob and Kristin's! wow. I was read to pass out and they were still going! What champs! It was a blast!! **highlights of the hike--Hayden kept saying things like "My ancestors made this lake" "My ancestors Made t
his trail for me so I can get in the Lake" Bailey came running up behind me telling me I'd better get my butt going or the bears were going to attack me because it was dark and they like people in the dark!! and then as we were headed back to our cars all the kids took off and left the grown-ups so Cameron (being the wise one he is) looked up on the tree and saw all the I heart Lucy....T+J=heart...Ed was here...well he told all the kids to come back and look at this because it was Indian Carvings!! So after all that they were telling me that their ancestors left these markings for them to find! and they needed to go to the library to find a book on Indian writings so they can learn what the markings meant. They were so stinking cute!!!** That night it started raining pretty good and so dinner got pushed to a later time, and then the propane hose didn't work so we couldn't grill our steaks...so guess what we did...yup that's right! We cooked them right over the open fire!! It was a wonderful dinner!! Monday we pac
ked right up and started to head home. Tyson being the genius he is thought he knew exactly where we were going (we were supposed to go to Star Valley. Whelp great news is we ended up in Daniel Wyoming Population 100, and Ty had to get directions in a Bar. ha ha. Great. We actually would have made it home in about the same time we got up to camping except that we freaking ran into construction 13 miles into Utah and sat there for one hour!! crazy!!! Nevertheless it was a wonderful week!! I loved every minute of it!!
I also thought it would be rather fun. :) WRONG! ha ha. A. we are like 2 feet longer when we lay down and our legs don't fit. So all night long we are trying
(I'm back posting this so really I'm typing this August 17...and to this day he is still BITTER about it. and probably will be forever!!! ha ha!!!) No he would not give me a hug. Nor a Kiss. Oh and he also clames that when he pulled me in I elbowed him in the face. Well I don't think I
No comments:
Post a Comment